[Simh] "build" branch: 12 web visits, only 3 downloads

Peter Lund firefly at vax64.dk
Tue Sep 18 16:18:00 EDT 2007

This is getting weird.

12 different IP addresses have looked at the web site for the "build"
branch/repository and only 3 have actually downloaded any source code.

Only one of the three actually used mercurial to get full local copies
of the repository, the others downloaded a tarball containing just the
source code.

That person was the only one who emailed me (privately) with some
feedback.  It turns out we both have a common interest in building
PDP-11s :)

The rest have been silent so far.

The other 9 must have had some interest since they did follow the URL
but then they seem to have gotten stuck or lost interest.

I would like to hear from them, so I can either learn how to improve the
repository web site or learn why they lost interest.

-Peter