[Simh] Another idea about binary packaging...

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 03:01:26 EDT 2007

Would this be something that people would be interested in?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=204974&package_id=245145

What I have done is created an install program for Windows users, that
contains simh a working config file, the OS on a disk image, and a 'User'
disk.  The installation program will allow you to overlay the OS incase the
user damages it, and allows for preserving the home disk during an
install...

I've also converted & thrown in a bunch of PDF's associated with the OS (
4.2BSD in particular).

I figure something like this may be helpfull to new users...?

However I wouldn't be able to do this for VMS...

I could also dig about with java or a shell script to do the same for *nix
users.  In this packaging day, it's a shame that all OS's can't package like
NS.  All these files & sillyness is a bit much.......