[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 46, Issue 6

Peter Moreton petermoreton at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 02:47:49 EDT 2007

Thanks for clarifying this, Bob, and I can see from HP's reasoning that there is little to be done to enable SIMH to become just another supported VAX platform, and thereby provide a competitor to Charon-VAX.> 2. OpenVMS on SimH.> > HP has made its position perfectly clear on this. It will not allow > commercial licenses on SimH because (a) SimH is not a supported > product, (b) SimH has not been qualified as a VAX (hasn't run the > architecture verification suite, which is not publicly accessible), > and (c) there is no business arrangement between the SimH project and > HP to ensure that the licenses are only run on HP systems.> > I feel HP has been very understanding in providing and supporting the > hobbyist license program and see no reason to ask for a change. I > agree with Rich Alderson that Charon VAX is the right answer for > commercial customers, as it is a commercial strength product with a > real support organization behind it.> > /Bob Supnik