[Simh] Warning! A spammer has invaded the list.

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Thu Oct 11 06:40:25 EDT 2007

"Gregg C Levine" <hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hello!
> I just checked my screened folder contents for the primary address for this
> list. (This one.) I saw an example advertising an unbelievable price for an
> ED drug. Examining its headers I saw that it came from a Road Runner account
> and had the usual entries for our mail server.
>
> At your opportunity sirs an investigation should happen to find out how this
> fool got onto the list. Please consider unsubscribing him.

Thank you, Gregg. I believe this got through due to a bug in the
mailing list software, possibly one that I can configure around and/or
upgrade to get a patch for, and will be tracing this down today, thanks!

At one point a few years ago I accidentally set the list so that
anyone could post without subscribing, and that was a big mistake of mine
in not understanding the mailing list software config....!

Tim.