[Simh] SIMH console telnet useage

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Wed May 9 13:22:00 EDT 2007

On 8 May 2007 at 21:46, Alan Frisbie wrote:

> From the "sim>" prompt, I entered "set console telnet=555".
> The response was "Listening on port 555 (socket 1920)",
> followed by another "sim>" prompt.
>
> I then ran the Kermit-95 dialer to create a Telnet connection
> to IP 127.0.0.1 and port 555.   When I attempt to connect,
> I get the message: "Trying 127.0.0.1... Failed.   Can't
> connect to 127.0.0.1:555"

I believe that the "set console" establishes the listening socket, but the
actual Telnet transaction doesn't begin until the simulator is running.  If
you do your "set console" and then "run", you should see:

  Waiting for console Telnet connection

At that point, run your Telnet client, and it should connect OK.

> Do I have to have the WinPCAP package installed to do this?

I do not, and I am able to establish console Telnet connections.

                                      -- Dave