[Simh] SIMH console telnet useage

Alan Frisbie frisbie at Flying-Disk.com
Wed May 9 15:50:41 EDT 2007

> I'm assuming that once you've done your SET CONSOLE TELNET=555
> that you have a BOOT statement, to boot your operating system.
> (That part wasn't clear in your posting. . .)

> Telnet won't connect until your O/S is running. . . .

OK, that was my misunderstanding.   I thought that I could use
Telnet to connect to the SIMH command prompt.   I did not
realize that the "console" was just the emulated CPU terminal.

Since the SIMH "console" and the CPU "console" were originally
in the same window, I thought that they were one and the same.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Alan

--  Alan E. Frisbie               Frisbie at Flying-Disk.Com
--  Flying Disk Systems, Inc.
--  4759 Round Top Drive          323-256-2575
--  Los Angeles, CA 90065