[Simh] SIMH console telnet useage

Vorländer, Martin MV at PDV-SYSTEME.DE
Wed May 9 07:26:23 EDT 2007

Hi!

> I am trying to use Telnet to connect to the SIMH console,
> but failing.   I suspect that I have a basic misunderstanding,
> which someone will immediately spot.   :-)
[...]

The way you describe it, it should work ("set console telnet=555",
and pointing your terminal emulator at 127.0.0.1:555). This is
independant of guest OS ethernet, i.e. WinPCAP et.al.

Is your WinXP firewall activated by any chance, and blocking the
simh console port?

HTH,
  Martin
--
 O Lord, won't you buy me     | Martin Vorlaender  |  OpenVMS rules!
 an HP OS                     | work: mv at pdv-systeme.de
 its name starts with "Open"  |   http://www.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/
 and ends in "VMS" ...        | home: martin.vorlaender at t-online.de