[Simh] MSVCR80D.DLL

Bill Valentine-Cooper wvc at nwcs.com
Mon Mar 5 08:03:55 EST 2007

I downloaded the Windows Ethernet-capable binaries in anticipation of
the new idle support, and installed WinPcap 4.0, only to get a "The
system cannot execute the specified program" message when I tried to run
the new VAX.EXE. I used a dependency tracer to learn that MSVCR80D.DLL
and DWMAPI.DLL are required. While I can acquire MSVCR80.DLL, I can't
find MSVC80D.DLL, which I gather is a debugging DLL. Not being a
Microsoft programmer, I'm not sure whether it's a WinPcap issue or a
SIMH issue, or how to go about solving it.

Bill Valentine-Cooper