[Simh] LibRT on Linux SIMH 3.7-2

Frederik Meerwaldt frederik at freddym.org
Sun Jul 15 07:21:24 EDT 2007

Dear Simh-People,

I just tried compiling 3.7-2 on a Linux machine (Linux
server.freddym.org 2.6.8-2-686 #1 Tue Aug 16 13:22:48 UTC 2005 i686
GNU/Linux) and got an error from the linker that clock_getres is not
defined. The manpage to clock_getres says that you have to link
against librt on most systems.
I had a look at the makefile and there you added librt for MacOS X
Systems, but not for other ones. Not sure whether other Linux-Systems
also need librt for clock_getres but mine needed it. Perhaps that's
something you should include in the Makefile.
When I added -lrt to the makefile everything worked fine.

Best regards from Germany,

Freddy