[Simh] VMS: Really big files?

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 20:29:33 EST 2006

Hello,
    Today when I got home today, in addition to the odd cracker trying to get into my FTP server, I found the following message on my virtual VMS console:
%qman-i-freedisk, free up 354,096 blocks on zkvax::dua0.  (that's my system disk.)
    I've tried cleaning up the security audit log, purging all sorts of files, and still haven't found the apparently one very large file taking up so much space...Are there any tips on what this might be?  I could swear that yesterday I had plenty of space.  Of course, since then I did install TCPware, so who knows...
Sorry for this message.  I know I'm supposed to find answers to questions like this in the docs, but it's proving rather complicated sometimes...
Thanks,
Zack.