[Simh] Terminal emulation

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 02:49:15 EST 2006

Hello,
    I realize this may be something of an off-topic question.  However, I've recently installed OpenVMS on the simulated VaxServer 3900.  I'm not sure about a few points, though the most frustrating for me is terminal emulation.  I have PuTTY for Windows, which I am using as my VMS system console--at least until I get my license PAKS and can load up TCP/IP.
What I'm wondering is mostly if anyone could desceribe to me the general layout of the Vt102 terminal?  PuTTY seems to emulate Xterm, which emulates VT102.  I've seen a number of references to a Gold key, as well as keys labeled help, do, etc.  Any information on what these are would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Zack.