[Simh] Two questions

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 11 19:48:18 EDT 2006

Hello!
First Question:
I have TMPFS configured and probably working on my freshly activated and
running Linux system. SimH is also setup to run there. Now the question: How
would I go about informing the PDP-11 or VAX simulator that there is a
location on my physical system called <name> and that it uses TMPFS and that
it can use it as a virtual disk image up to about 10M. (Meg)

(<name> is the name that the user, (Me) has assigned to this TMPFS
configuration. For some of the details I refer the interested reader to the
txt file tmpfs.txt found with the original kernel source code.)

Second Question:
I am primarily a hardware developer. I look at software as a way to test
that idea. Now the question: I've noticed that for the PDP-11 some of the
peripherals say they are disabled, what can be done to have them activated,
and pointing to a particular address on the host? Naturally the same would
hold for the VAX, although I have not taken the time to study which
peripheral name or names I am interested in.

I will be pleased to entertain further questions on these subjects. And
related phenomena.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"The Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi