[Simh] help about simh report error.

Tim Sneddon tsneddon at bsd.infomedia.com.au
Fri Sep 30 00:30:46 EDT 2005

Tim Sneddon wrote:
> cxchen wrote:
>
>> i use simh 3.5 in my Windows 2003,with OpenVMS for Alpha 7.3.2 .i
>
> -----------------------------------------------------^^^^^
>
> This is the main problem. OpenVMS Alpha only boots on Alpha.
> You need a copy of OpenVMS VAX as simh only emulates a VAX.
> The latest version is V7.3.

I guess I should have also given you some pointers on where to get a
copy of OpenVMS VAX :-)

You can try the OpenVMS Hobbyist Website:

    http://www.openvmshobbyist.com

I believe the going rate is US$30 for a CD.

If you get no luck there, then maybe a post to comp.os.vms might be
helpful. Despite some of the crap that flies around in that place,
there are quite a few helpful people that might be able to do
something for you. Which part of the world are you in?

The other place that might be helpful is the OpenVMS FAQ. That can be
found here:

    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/faq/openvms_faq.html

Good luck! :-)

Regards, Tim.

--
Tim Sneddon                                tsneddon[at]infomedia.com.au
Systems Programmer                  Infomedia Business Systems Division