[Simh] help about simh report error.

Tim Sneddon tsneddon at bsd.infomedia.com.au
Fri Sep 30 00:22:10 EDT 2005

cxchen wrote:
> i use simh 3.5 in my Windows 2003,with OpenVMS for Alpha 7.3.2 .i
-----------------------------------------------------^^^^^

This is the main problem. OpenVMS Alpha only boots on Alpha.
You need a copy of OpenVMS VAX as simh only emulates a VAX.
The latest version is V7.3.

> install the winpcap 3.1(it seems work).
> but it report error
> -
>> >boot dua3
>

>  2...
> -DUA3
> ?47 FILNOTCNTG, DUA
> HALT instruction , PC:  00000C1A <MOVL <R11>,SP>
> sim>

Basically VMB is telling you that it can't find the boot file. This is
because you're not booting the right operating system.

Regards, Tim.

--
Tim Sneddon                                tsneddon[at]infomedia.com.au
Systems Programmer                  Infomedia Business Systems Division