[Simh] Slightly OT: Suitable places for announcing emulator for historical computer?

Christian Brunschen cb at df.lth.se
Thu Dec 29 11:48:58 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm about to announce the availability of an emulator for SMIL -
Siffermaskinen i Lund, 'The Lund Number Machine' - which was an early
computer built at the University of Lund in Sweden, as a copy of the
1953 BESK (Binär Eletronisk Sekvens-Kalkylator, 'Binary Eletronic
Sequence Calculator'), which in turn was based on the IAS Machine
design, as developed at the Institute for Advanced Study and
published in the 'Final Progress Report on the Physical Realization
of an Electronic Computing Instrument' by Goldstine et.al. The
emulator is written in Java 5, and made available with source code,
under the GNU GPL v2 or later. This mailing list is one where I am
intending to post the full announcement, even though it isn't about
Simh per se, because it is still a closely related subject (it is
after all an emulator for a historic computer), unless people here
mind very much. I would also like to spread the word in other
appropriate places, so I was wondering whether anyone here might have
some suggestions for places, forums, mailing lists, where this
announcement might be a appropriate and reasonably on-topic.

Best wishes,

// Christian Brunschen