[Simh] Async DECnet / DDCMP with physical async port

Robert Taylor (x 425) RLTaylor at matrixti.com
Thu Dec 15 10:03:03 EST 2005

I have used IP->Com v3.0.0 from Stephen Hill Solutions
http://members.lycos.co.uk/ipcom/ to connect a simh VAX running VMS on
Microsoft windows to a real COM1.  I had a second PC running a serial
terminal emulator log in to VMS using a null modem cable.

Can't you put a 5 1/4 diskette drive in the PC, and mount the VMS floppy
that way, instead of using the floppy drive in the MicroVAX?

I haven't used tape images yet, but I think you can just stop the
emulator, detach the tape device from the first file, attach it to the
next file, and resume the emulator.

Bob