[Simh] where is the Control E exit defined?

Tim Sneddon tsneddon at bsd.infomedia.com.au
Tue Oct 26 20:42:12 EDT 2004

Rick Caldwell wrote:
> When I'm running the Vax emulation I find myself hitting the ^E to go to
> the end of the line when doing command line
> editing and ending up at the sim> prompt rather than the end of the
> line.  Where can I change this to a different control
> sequence so I'm not continually hitting it (may ^u or something like that)?
>
> Rick

This is from SIMH_DOC.TXT:

3.7.2 User Specified Stop Conditions

Typing the interrupt character stops simulation.  The interrupt character
is defined by the WRU (where are you) register and is initially set to
005 (^E).

I don't have a running emulator in front of me, but I imagine changing
it would be something like:

    simh> SET WRU n

Regards, Tim.

--
Tim Sneddon                                tsneddon[at]infomedia.com.au
Systems Programmer                  Infomedia Business Systems Division