[Simh] Problems building simh 3.1 on MacOSX

David B Sneddon dbsneddon at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 5 23:49:46 EST 2004

Huw Davies espoused:
> I'm trying to get simh 3.1 to build cleanly on Mac OSX - I'm running
> 10.3.2.
Hi Huw,

I too am using 10.3.2 and problems building it.

> I've had to make a couple of changes to get it to build with ethernet
> support. These are changes to the makefile to access the correct include
> files and libraries and I needed to #include bpf.h in sim_ether.c.

Any chance of posting the changes?  I haven't yet had a good look
at the makefile to try to work out what is going on (and being a VMS
type will likely get it wrong :-)

> Now things appear to compile but I get the following warnings when
> building the vax simulator:
>
> VAX/vax_fpa.c: In function `op_cmpfd':
> VAX/vax_fpa.c:200: warning: integer constant is too large for "long"
> type
> VAX/vax_fpa.c:200: warning: integer constant is too large for "long"
> type
> VAX/vax_fpa.c:201: warning: integer constant is too large for "long"
> type
> VAX/vax_fpa.c:201: warning: integer constant is too large for "long"
> type
>
> [Lots of similar warnings ignored].
>
> OK, so this must relate to the UNSCRAM macro and the MacOSX definition
> of t_uint64. I've confirmed that sizeof(t_uint64) is 8 and that
> USE_INT64 is defined during the compilation.

Do the warnings prevent it from building and working?

Regards,
Dave.
David B Sneddon (dbs)    VMS Systems Programmer     dbsneddon at bigpond.com
Sneddo's quick guide ...          http://www.users.bigpond.com/dbsneddon/
DBS freeware at ...   http://www.users.bigpond.com/dbsneddon/software.htm
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" Lennon