[Simh] Problems building simh 3.1 on MacOSX

Huw Davies huw.davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Mon Jan 5 23:33:21 EST 2004

I'm trying to get simh 3.1 to build cleanly on Mac OSX - I'm running
10.3.2.

I've had to make a couple of changes to get it to build with ethernet
support. These are changes to the makefile to access the correct include
files and libraries and I needed to #include bpf.h in sim_ether.c.

Now things appear to compile but I get the following warnings when
building the vax simulator:

VAX/vax_fpa.c: In function `op_cmpfd':
VAX/vax_fpa.c:200: warning: integer constant is too large for "long"
type
VAX/vax_fpa.c:200: warning: integer constant is too large for "long"
type
VAX/vax_fpa.c:201: warning: integer constant is too large for "long"
type
VAX/vax_fpa.c:201: warning: integer constant is too large for "long"
type

[Lots of similar warnings ignored].

OK, so this must relate to the UNSCRAM macro and the MacOSX definition
of t_uint64. I've confirmed that sizeof(t_uint64) is 8 and that
USE_INT64 is defined during the compilation.
Huw Davies           | e-mail: Huw.Davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Melbourne            | "If soccer was meant to be played in the
Australia            | air, the sky would be painted green"