[Simh] [EXTERNAL] RE: OpenVMS time conversion routines

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Thu May 7 15:46:46 EDT 2020

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 11:48 AM, Larry Baker wrote:
> I did first try to find what tape formats SIMH supported.  I did not
> see the ANSI option.  There were four options in the instructions I
> found, as I recall.  That was news to me.  (I like the 7-track support!)
> I find it difficult to locate documentation and instructions for SIMH.

The documentation for the code in the https://github.com/simh/simh
repository is in a combination of built-in HELP support, and the doc
directory in the repository.

             sim> HELP

will display a hierarchical oriented help similar to VMS help for the
supported commands and

             sim> HELP <dev>
and
             sim> HELP <dev> ATTACH

will display help for each device and what may be useful operating
each device.

> Like, what are the command line options?  ./vax -h doesn't work.

Look in sim_doc.doc in the doc directory of the repository.

- Mark