[Simh] Interdata OS/32 kit

Davis Johnson davis at frizzen.com
Tue Mar 24 07:05:44 EDT 2020

I find it encouraging that there is interest in OS/32.

My recollection is that the Whitesmiths C compiler requires a 3200
series other than the 3220. Specifically it uses the commercial
instruction set and more than 1mb of address space.

I have a modified SIMH that passes all 3220 relevent processor and
memory diagnostics except for double precision floating point divide. It
doesn't have enough guard digits so it sometimes rounds wrong. It runs
OS/32 R09-2 quite well. It is criminal that I didn't offer it to the
group before I drifted away from it.

Unfortunately I haven't worked on it in way longer than I'd like to
admit. It needs to be reintegrated with current main line source. I
think this will be one of my corona virus projects.

I had a road map where the next step would have been to support the rest
of the non-S bus machines except for the 3205 and 3203.