[Simh] Is it possible to simulate the first Vaxen I ever used?

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Mon Mar 23 15:04:26 EDT 2020

On 23-Mar-20 15:00, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>> Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
>> 2901 bitslices do appear in other DEC products, the UDA comes to mind
>   The KS was built with 2901s, right?
Yes.  But just 2901s, not the usequencer or other family parts.
>  Or at least some 29xx family parts?
I actually did a design for one with 2903s, but it was a theoretical
exercise.
>   Actually the KS and the 730 implementations have a lot in common.  I always wondered if the same engineers worked on both, but that's probably unlikely.
Nope.  LCG was a world unto itself.  (Sometimes disparaged as the
"Marlborough Computer Company" when it left the Mill...)  The 730 came
much later, so I wouldn't be surprised if some ideas were borrowed.  But
the KS was an LCG effort.