[Simh] Is it possible to simulate the first Vaxen I ever used?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Mar 23 11:10:17 EDT 2020

>FUBAR is the name of a 780 CSR (in the UBA: failed unibus address register);
> perhaps it was used in the 730 as well.

  The 730 certainly had a UBA; don’t know if had a specific "FUBAR" register though.  But as far as a physical bar inside the chassis I've never seen nor heard of anything like that.  I have a 730 in the garage and it doesn't have any such thing.  The 730 fit into a single 10-1/2" chassis anyway, so there wasn't even a specific cabinet or rack dedicated to the 730.  And the 730 chassis was basically the same box as was used for the 11/44, but with a somewhat different backplane.

  I suspect the "FUBAR" at Dan's high school may have been a local joke :)

Bob