[Simh] PAK for VAX P.S.I.

Peter Allan petermallan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:10:51 EDT 2020

Hi folks,

Back in the day (mid to late 1980s), I was the system manager of a
VAXcluster. I have been recreating the experience using simh, which I find
to be excellent. My system manager days finished with VMS 5.5-2, although I
also have emulated systems running both earlier and later versions of VMS.

One of my projects is to build a virtual version of the cluster that I used
to manage. I have PAKs though the hobbyist programme for most of the
software that we used, but these do not include PAKs for VAX P.S.I. nor
P.S.I.-Access. We had software that used these products to access the
outside world.

I do have the PSI/PSI-Access software on CDs, just not the PAKs.

I have a vague memory of seeing a message somewhere saying that it was
possible to get PAKs for these products. Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

Peter Allan