[Simh] Message order

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Mar 12 09:45:19 EDT 2020

> On Mar 11, 2020, at 11:38 PM, John H. Reinhardt <johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org> wrote:
>
> Anyone else here get their messages out of order?  For example, I just now got Richard Cromwell's announcement of the KL10 even though it's dated 3/10/2020 at 8:16AM.  But I got Zane's reply YESTERDAY evening and Lars' reply this morning.  Other times they all come in the proper order, but quite often, they don't.  Is it my email service - Fastmail?

My ISP from time to time randomly delays some messages by hours if not a day or two.  It may be load dependent and it may also relate to which internal mail forwarder happens to be chosen for that particular message in the ISP's network.

You can see if the ISP is at fault by examining the timestamps on the forwarding headers of the email.

	paul