[Simh] HPE has started emailing the final hobbyist licenses

Dan Gahlinger dgahling at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 22:31:32 EDT 2020

There are Five Options I can see:

  1.  buy a commercial license from somewhere ($$$), I haven't seen any on ebay in a long time, but it might be an option, or a member here, etc
  2.  Use a commercial license you purchased in the past that doesn't expire (I have a few of these, and will be what I will do)
  3.  Use a version of VMS prior to the requirement for a termination date on the licenses (v5 and previous I think)
  4.  continue to use it despite the termination date and violate copyright (not good and not recommended!)
  5.  Roll the system clock back to a year which the months align the same, but gives you time to use it, keep rolling back as needed (pretty much the same as #4)

Dan.