[Simh] TOPS-10 7.04 RP07 problems

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Wed Mar 11 22:30:23 EDT 2020

  I've managed to get TOPS-10 7.04 running on simh/KS10; I even have DECnet
working with the KDP/DUP.  However TOPS-10 crashes any time I try to
initialize an RP07.  An RP06 is just fine, but not an RP07.  In the
following example, DSKC/RPA1 is an RP07 -

Startup option: refresh

Needs refreshing: DSKC

Structure to refresh: dskc

% RPA1 first HOM block consistency error

[Updated HOM blocks on unit RPA1]

?Stopcode EWB, type=DEBUG, on CPU0 at 11-Mar-120 14:07:26

Unit = RPA1

CPU Status Block

APRID = 470130,,011607

CONI APR, = 001060,,000030

CONI PI, = 000000,,000271

CONI PAG, = 000000,,060002

DATAI PAG, = 500100,,000004

[Dumping on DSKB:CRASH.EXE[1,4]]

[Continuing system]

It actually repeats the same stop code several times over.  I thought 7.04
supported RP07s?  Is this a TOPS-10 bug or a simh problem?  FWIW, I have the
latest PDP-10 build from github just today.

Thanks,

Bob