[Simh] pdp11 fails MAINDEC CPU test 14 D0NA

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jul 9 20:13:00 EDT 2020

I know that CPU differences are documented in multiple different
handbooks and documents. But I am not aware of any definitive
documentation of the PDP-11 architecture like what you seem to refer to
Paul (similar to the VARM for VAX). If that handbook could be scanned in
(or located anywhere on the net already), it would be a good addition.

All documentation I know of is addressing various specific models, and
the later documentation sometimes contains a table with differences in
different implementations. The MicroPDP-11 Handbook for example, do have
a list with 52 separate items for different PDP-11 models.

A slightly different list, in some ways more comprehensive, but lacking
information in other dimensions, are available in the PDP-11 Systems
Handbook
(http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/handbooks/PDP-11_Systems_Handbook_1987.pdf,
Appendix A).

   Johnny