[Simh] Terminal emulation = MS-Kermit!

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Fri Jul 3 18:03:37 EDT 2020

I am utterly obsessive about having all keys on my LK450 working - I really
scare myself about the lengths I'll go to.

I've converted to using Panasonic Toughbooks for pretty much all computing
needs, and I've just ordered a docking station because it breaks out the
PS/2 keyboard interface. Quite a rare thing for a modern i5 laptop - I'd
explored all sorts of other avenues and the solution was staring me in the
face, I just had to look in the right direction. I found that Hummingbird
Exceed supports the LK450 fully using Windows, but now that I am embracing
linux on the desktop again I'm keep to see what combination of terminal
emulator and configuration will get me full support for the keyboard.

The great thing if mame can be made to cooperate with a full emulation is
that keyboard support should be completely achievable too. That would
really be something.

With all the rain forecast in the Lake District this weekend I'll
download MAME and get it compiled up to have a play.

Regards, Mark