[Simh] SDS 940

Mark Emmer markemmer at snobol4.com
Fri Jan 17 11:08:23 EST 2020

Ken,

I got the Berkeley time sharing o/s running on the 940 simulator several years ago. The simulator is in very good shape (cpu, drum, paper tape, comm mux), but I haven't wrung out the tape drive or hard disk.

I never had access to a Monarch tape to try it. There can always be timing issues or unanticipated io sequences to trip it up, especially for hardware diagnostics.

I'm driving all day today, so can't answer more fully until the weekend.

Mark Emmer
Michoacán, México