[Simh] Semi-OT: Terminal Recommendations for use with SIMH

Matt Burke matt at 9track.net
Mon Sep 30 04:25:58 EDT 2019

On 29/09/2019 16:19, Zane Healy wrote:
> I’d tried ZOC7, and a couple other solutions, before settling on
> SecureCRT. I have to have a properly functioning keypad. Even then I
> still have a DEC VT420, plugged into a DECserver sitting by my Mac. I
> love my VT420’s, but at times I like to be able to cut and paste. :-)
You can cut and paste with a VT420. Hold down the 'Hold Screen (F1)' key
and use the arrow keys to position the cursor. Then use 'Select'
followed by the arrow keys to highlight the text and 'Remove' to copy.
Then you can release the 'Hold Screen (F1) key.
The text is stored in a buffer and can be pasted by holding down the
'Hold Screen (F1)' key again and pressing 'Insert Here'.

Matt