[Simh] PDP-11 -- MFPI, etc, with memory mgmt off

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Sep 22 03:01:42 EDT 2019

Well, technically, on a Unibus, even with the Unibus map, a DMA device
still only sees an 18-bit address. Or am I confused? But if the map is
enabled, then it will end up being able to access all 4M of memory anyhow.

But your answer made me wonder. Are you saying that M[TF]P[DI] are not
using the previous mode bits in the PSW (when MMU is enabled)? Oh, maybe
you are saying that even if MMU is disabled, the selection of which R6
to use is still happening, based on PSW.

   Johnny