[Simh] Running the PDP-8 SIMH Emulator on Android?

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sat Oct 19 21:36:29 EDT 2019

Hi Bob,

On Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 1:24 PM, Bob Vines wrote:
> Is there an Android version of the SIMH PDP-8 emulator?
> If so, can you point me to it?

Well, the easiest way to get any simh simulator to run on
Android is to install the "termux" android app using the
Google Play store.

Once termux is installed, open it and enter the following
commands:

	# pkg install git clang make
	# git clone https://github.com/simh/simh
	# make pdp8 {or any other simulator}
	# BIN/pdp8
	PDP-8 simulator V4.0.0 Current     git commit id: 0de9b628
	sim>

> Also, it there are any knowledgeable
> "discussions" about this version of the emulator, can you
> point me to that too?

This mailing list is one place to discuss those things.  I'm sure there
are other places as well.

Good Luck and have fun!

- Mark