[Simh] some performance issues

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Wed Mar 6 04:57:31 EST 2019

Hi

I'm having trouble understanding your question. Are
you comparing CPU-time of a real VAX(which model?) to
emulated CPU-time on an Itanium machine(which one?).

Emulation will have an associated overhead. If you
are compareing a fast VAX to an emulation on a slow
Itanium... well, Itanium is hard to optimize for.

/P