[Simh] Limits on MSCP controllers

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Jun 24 00:12:19 EDT 2019

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 4:51 PM, Jonathan Welch wrote:
> The system that I set up for myself and for my friend (who needs one more
> disk than I do) was cloned from a VMS Cluster that has been in continuous
> operation in its present form for about 20 years, so the issue is not with
> mounting disks too early in the startup sequence.
>
> Not that this helps much but as we were trying to figure out how long of a
> WAIT statement to use we put in a $ SHOW SYSTEM and the CONFIGURE
> process' state was HIB.

The timing of startup behavior will certainly be very different under today's
simulators vs the original hardware on the systems in question.  Depending on
the speed of original hardware and what host system you're running on
there may indeed be different timing behaviors, especially for activities
which occur asynchronously.

- Mark