[Simh] Limits on MSCP controllers

Jonathan Welch jhwelch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 19:51:28 EDT 2019

The system that I set up for myself and for my friend (who needs one
more disk than I do) was cloned from a VMS Cluster that has been in
continuous operation in its present form for about 20 years, so the
issue is not with mounting disks too early in the startup sequence.

Not that this helps much but as we were trying to figure out how long
of a WAIT statement to use we put in a $ SHOW SYSTEM and the CONFIGURE
process' state was HIB.

As a fun aside, this VMS installation will have its 40th birthday on
July 1st and then be shut down. I wonder if there are there other
sites that have been running for longer in the same location and
without any major hiatus.