[Simh] Issue #731 - simh PDP11 RSX11M-PLUS Unibus 11/94 system with 2 DEUNA ethernet device XUB not working

Geoff Conway gconway at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 26 23:26:07 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I have just raised an Issue in simh #731 where when recent testing with a
simh PDP11/94 Unibus system with 2 DEUNA interfaces it was found that device
XUB did not initialize. Device XU worked normally. I have not yet been able
have XUB start fully - no matter what CSR/VEC combination I have tried. I
believe the current CSR & VEC are correct as they have been assigned - just
that there appears some internal disconnect within the XU driver where XUB
channel just does not do anything.

In the equivalent simh PDP11/93 Qbus system with 2 DEQNA both XQ, XQB worked
normally.

The details of the actual system configuration is in the Issues log. With
the absence of any messages from XUB it appears to be dead in the water -
although when running the simh environment with DEBUG enabled in both XU,
XUB I found that XUB stayed in xu_process_local() while the XU device had a
lot of activity - which was expected since XU was working normally whereas
XUB was not.

Unfortunately as I am not familiar with the XU driver code I have not been
able to determine why the xub interface is not initializing correctly.

Regards

Geoff