[Simh] dec windows with simh

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 06:25:14 EDT 2019

Gérard,

It depends on how you want to present the windows on your PC. It you want to use a separate X-Windows client and connect that to the emulated VAX then I think any SIMH emulation is fine.
On the other hand if you want a SIMH managed frame buffer or display then I think that as some one else mentioned the MicroVAX II includes a frame buffer and you can run it all from one executable.
The key lines in the ".ini" file are:-

set qdss capture
set qdss enable

I also issue a

attach dz0 77

which lets me use a telnet session as a separate VT102 type console.

Dave