[Simh] VAXstation 4000 Model 60

Matt Burke matt at 9track.net
Sat Jul 13 06:36:57 EDT 2019

> Why so many self-test errors?
I think David has pretty much covered this one. There are several
hardware details that are not implemented yet. Some of them may never be
implemented as they are only needed by the diagnostics. In this case the
solution will be to patch the ROM to skip the relevant test.
Interestingly the ISDN/Audio is not implemented at all and the self-test
for that passes!
> Is there anything I can do to speed up the self-test (i.e. a way to curtail
> it)?  VMS itself seems to boot OK.
Yes, you can enable fast boot with 'SET FBOOT 1' from the console. You
will need to make sure the nvr device is attached to a file. The first
boot will take a long time (as you have observed) but subsequent boots
will be a lot faster (as long as the memory size is not altered).

Matt