[Simh] Which PDP-11 to choose

Tim Wilkinson tjw at twsoft.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 09:18:19 EDT 2019

Back in 85 have had applications to purchase a 785 – 780-750-730 then 725 rejected, we were fortunately given a 750 by a sister company who were upgrading to a 785, but they took their disks. So we had to buy for ourselves.

To keep the bean counter happy we went for a System Industries controller and 4 super Eagles.

But back then there was a problem with the eagles and all 4 had to be swapped out 4 times.

Carrying them up stairs to the computer room was not fun. The platter size may have been reduced. But the weight!!!

Tim