[Simh] The missing PDPs

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Aug 12 22:17:13 EDT 2019

I'm almost surprised that the PDP-5 isn't already done. As far as I can
remember, the changes needed compared to a PDP-8 is not much. PC is at
address 0 instead of internal to the CPU, and interrupts then store the
PC at 1, and start executing at 2.
All the rest of the CPU works the same, as far as I remember. Of course,
there might be some peripherals to work on, which any PDP-5 software
would be expecting...

The PDP-12 poses a more interesting problem, as it is a dual CPU thingy
with shared memory and two totally different instruction sets, but some
interaction between them...

   Johnny