[Simh] The missing PDPs

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 21:54:18 EDT 2019

Greetings,

Has any ever thought of writing simulators for the two missing systems, the
PDP-5 and the PDP-12?  I know there is documentation for both on Bitsavers
and software for the PDP-12 and I have seen some papertape labeled for both
use on the PDP-5 and PDP-8.  If I had the knowledge I would try doing the
PDP-5 myself but my knowledge of C is somewhere between beginner and
intermediate so I would not be a good candidate for doing it myself but I
would more than interested in either writing documentation or alpha/beta
testing.  I know that there wouldn't be a whole bunch of practicality for
either simulator but I think it would be kind of neat to complete the
series.  Also, I know there is at least one PDP-12 simulator out there
already but I couldn't get it to build.  It is located at
https://github.com/andysan/greenpea . Any advice, suggestions or just plain
criticism of this idea would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Ray