[Simh] VCB02 Released

Matt Burke matt at 9track.net
Sat Apr 6 13:03:33 EDT 2019

The long awaited VCB02 (colour graphics adapter) for VAX has now been
released. It hasn't been merged into the Simh master branch yet but for
now you can get the code from:

https://github.com/9track/simh/tree/VCB02

If you need a Windows executable then that's available here:

http://www.9track.net/simh/vax630

Here is the current status for the graphical environments that I've tested:

DECwindows - All OK as far as I can tell.
VWS - Works but leaves trails on the screen if you drag a window.
UWS - Works but certain visual elements such as window icons are
missing. Also I'm not sure the colours a are quite right. I will have to
test this on a real VAX to check.

Only captured input mode is currently supported. This must be set before
enabling the device.

sim> set qdss capture
sim> set qdss enabled

The VCB02 has only been added to the MicroVAX II simulator so far
(VAXstation II/GPX). I know there have been some discussions previously
about the MicroVAX 3900 supporting the VCB02 though I've not had success
with that yet.

Matt