[Simh] disk file format (rk05)

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Tue Sep 25 14:47:02 EDT 2018

As Paul said, disks with fixed-length sectors are represented as
fixed-length, data-only records.

The IBM 7094 and Honeywell 516 disks have variable length records, and
the track format includes metadata on record lengths and block
addresses. The IBM 1401 and 1620 disks include metadata for the block
addresses, which is not necessarily based on geometry.

/Bob Supnik