[Simh] disk file format (rk05)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 09:53:04 EDT 2018

Disks are just sectors.  I think that's true generally; if SIMH supported any systems with variable length disk blocks something else would be needed, but the only system I can think of that does so is the IBM 360.  (Actually, that one is much stranger, with its keyed sector feature.)

Note that sector sizes may be 512, as for RK05, or something else.  RC11 has 64 byte sectors, RF11 is word addressable.  And IBM 1620 has 200 digit sectors if I remember right.

	paul