[Simh] VAX Simulator 99.9% CPU , and flush nvram never finishes .

James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Wed May 23 22:57:51 EDT 2018

 	Hello Mark , ...  Below is a ver_linux print for my system .

$ /usr/src/linux/scripts/ver_linux
If some fields are empty or look unusual you may have an old version.
Compare to the current minimal requirements in Documentation/Changes.

Linux ns4 3.10.17 #2 SMP Wed Oct 23 16:34:38 CDT 2013 x86_64 AMD Opteron(tm)
Processor 6376 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Gnu C                  4.8.2
Gnu make               3.82
binutils               2.23.52.0.1.20130226
util-linux             2.21.2
mount                  support
module-init-tools      15
e2fsprogs              1.42.8
jfsutils               1.1.15
reiserfsprogs          3.6.23
xfsprogs               3.1.11
pcmciautils            017
quota-tools            3.17.
PPP                    2.4.5
Linux C Library        2.17
Dynamic linker (ldd)   2.17
Linux C++ Library      6.0.18
Procps                 3.2.8
Net-tools              1.60
Kbd                    1.15.3
oprofile               0.9.7
Sh-utils               8.21
wireless-tools         29
Modules Loaded         nfnetlink_queue nfnetlink_log nfnetlink bluetooth rfkill
tun vmw_vsock_vmci_transport vsock lp ppdev parport_pc parport hid_generic
usbhid hid fuse crc32_pclmul processor crc32c_intel evdev shpchp thermal_sys
intel_agp vmw_vmci vmw_balloon psmouse serio_raw vmwgfx ttm drm
ghash_clmulni_intel microcode vmxnet3 intel_gtt agpgart i2c_piix4 uhci_hcd
ehci_pci i2c_core ehci_hcd freq_table hwmon ac button loop