[Simh] Cluster communications errors

Hunter Goatley goathunter at goatley.com
Tue Jul 24 11:18:08 EDT 2018

On 7/20/2018 3:53 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Well, I can at least confirm on a real 8650, the network also briefly
> goes down and up again when DECnet is started. If I remember it even
> happens independent of if you have the machine in a cluster or not.

Thanks.

As a followup, the SIMH instance has been running without incident,
other than the single drop when DECnet is started, for over four days
now. Everything has been rock-solid. Apparently, that Intel network card
had some issue that was causing what I was seeing.

Thanks again for all the replies. It was a most enlightening discussion,
and I have a much better handle on how SIMH works now.

Hunter