[Simh] Cluster communications errors

Hunter Goatley goathunter at goatley.com
Wed Jul 18 11:57:40 EDT 2018

My mistake. I'm not running V4.0, I'm running V3.10-0 RC1.

After posting, it dawned on me that I should have tried SIMH V3.9.0, but
it fails to boot:

    (BOOT/R5:0 DUA0

       2..
    -DUA0
       1..0..

    HALT instruction, PC: 00004C02 (HALT)
    sim>

I'm not sure why. I'm using the KA655x.bin that came with V3.9.0 and a
new nvram.bin file, but everything else is the same as the V3.10-0 RC1
instance.

I just downloaded the current GitHub sources and compiled them (15fd71b
<https://github.com/simh/simh/commit/15fd71b97c8aaec29dc1bbbd3473c3f0d582c9ff>).
It boots, but I see the same behavior of losing connection to the cluster.

I also should have mentioned that this dedicated Ethernet card is
plugged into the same switch as all of the other cluster members, so
that /shouldn't/ be an issue.

Thanks.

Hunter