[Simh] TMXR/UC15 documentation?

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Jul 17 11:06:12 EDT 2018

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 5:01 AM, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> The ITS restoration team is getting ready to hook up eight (simulated) Unibuses
> to a (SIMH) PDP-10.  The MIT AI KA10 machine really did this, and we want
> some of the applications that used these capabilities.
>
> We'd like some guidance on the best way to do this in the SIMH framework.
> Since UC15 is essentially the same idea, I suppose we should probably do the
> same thing.  Is there any documentation on this?  So far I only know these four
> letters: TMXR.

TMXR has nothing to do with UC15.  The UC15 has a shared memory segment
between two independent simh simulators (a PDP11 and a PDP15).

TMXR is the simh library which is used by terminal mux devices to provide telnet
connections to simulated serial ports.
It is also used by several point-to-point network devices (DMC11, DUP11) to
connect independent simh instances via simulated WAN connections using
TCP or UDP for data delivery.

What devices are going to be connected to all of these Unibus(s)?

- Mark