[Simh] Moved my vaxuser to new standalone system and ...

Matt Burke matt at 9track.net
Tue Jul 3 04:06:40 EDT 2018

On 03/07/2018 00:09, James W. Laferriere wrote:
>     So now I have a qvss window but have been wondering why after
> executing the 'boot cpu' sequence that the output/input isn't
> transfered to the qvss window ?  Just a wondering not a difficulty
> I'll try the VMS instance I have and see if it'll populate that window .

The MicroVAX 3900 console ROM does not support the QVSS so the console
won't transfer to that window. DECwindows does support the QVSS however
so at the end of the boot process you should get the graphical login
screen in the QVSS window.

I know some others were asking so for the record to get DECwindows
running you need to install the DECwindows kit and the appropriate
licence (DW-MOTIF). You also need to set the WINDOW_SYSTEM parameter in
SYSGEN. This has three settings:

0 - No Window System
1 - DECwindows
2 - VWS

If you want a VAX that supports the QVSS as a console then you'll need
to use the VAXstation I or VAXstation II simulators (microvax1, microvax2).

Matt